The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit designed to incentivize employers to hire individuals who face barriers to employment. Qualifying individuals include some veterans, or simply those who have been unemployed for an extended period.
Qualifying individuals move from economic dependency to self-sufficiency and become contributing members of their communities. Participating employers lower their cost of doing business through reduced federal income tax liability.
How much and how often?
- Tax credits range from a minimum of $1,500 to a maximum of $9,600 PER HIRE.
- There is no limit to the number of WOTC qualifying individuals an employer can hire
How to apply:
- Only 2 pieces of paper are required to apply for the credit.
- The Oregon Employment Department is dedicated to helping business owners receive the Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Submitting forms using the online portal is fast and easy
Click here and submit your business information using the web form at the bottom of the page.
Call the Oregon Employment Department 503-947-1670, or Email Oregon.WOTC@oregon.gov for more information!